Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful. I am very thankful for all that I have. My sweet children, Jason, Jason's job( even though the job is on the rez), my family (wish I could see them more), and I am also very thankful for the gospel in my life.

Thanksgiving this year was spent here on the Rez. I wish that we could have had some family to share this fun holiday with, but I guess we just always live to far away:( Someday, we will be close to our families. Not much went on. Jaden had a few days off but Jason had to work. So on wednesday, Jaden wanted to start putting up the christmas things. So I said ok and we started to put the tree up. Jaden pretty much did the whole tree by himself. What a great little helper. Then on Thanksgiving day we just hung out and didn't really do much. The weather was cold and it started to snow alittle, but not much to stay on the ground. We went over to Tylers house (Jason works with him) about 5pm had dinner and then came home. On friday it was nice to sleep in and not have to worry about going shopping or anything crazy. Almost everyone I talked too went shopping really early. we do all our shopping online now that we live so far from everthing. But I think when we move off the rez, I think that we will still do most of our shopping online. There are great deals and we don't have to pay shipping or we don't have to deal with all the people to get into lines. LOL! Don't get me wrong, i love to shop! I think that's what I do best! Jason's wallet may not like it, but boy is it fun! Well, now it's time to get ready for Christmas. This year we will be here on the Rez. Jason has to work again. That's what happens when you are the last one hired. LOL!!





3 comments:

Nate and Lynlee said...

How cute are all of you? I seriously love all of you guys.

So here's the deal...I'll pay you a million dollars if you come to Washington for Christmas. That should cover your salary for a couple years right? No more of the rez! :)

Call me when you can. I'm in Vernal for a few days and am curious to know if you contacted any dentists in Vernal or what the latest is on that! Oh and I made really good hot chocolate! The hot chocolate maker you got me is quite the hit around here. Taylor had me make some every night over the break. Okay I think my comment is long enough. Geez!

Chase and Teresa said...

Cute pictures of Thanksgiving. I absolutely love the pic of Jaden and Jordin on your header. You have such darling kids.

aquabatgirl said...

in that last picture jaden looks so much older than i picture him in my head, he just keeps growing up