Thursday, September 4, 2008

What goes on!

I forgot to post this when I wrote it a few weeks ago.

Well, our trip to Utah was great. It felt like we were gone for a week. We loved it. The drive is only about 7 hours and the kids did great. Here's a few fun facts about the drive.
1st, we left at about 5pm and didn't eat anything before we left, so we were just going to find the next McD's, but there is no McD's between here and Moab. So that was about 3 1/2hours away. We thought that was funny.
2nd, you really do have to be careful when driving out here so you don't hit a cow, dog, horse, person or whatever else is out there in the middle of no where.
3rd, we stopped at a gas station to get a drink and there were no straws for the drinks, so note to self, when driving to Utah from here bring straws if you want a fountain drink.
The 4th thing about driving to Utah is that land is very pretty to look at. The rocks and cliffs and mountains are very pretty and lastly the stars at night are so big. When we got to Moab it was really dark out and all the stars where out. Jaden loved looking at all the big stars. His favorite thing was the big dipper. he knew what that was and kept saying look I see it again and there it is again. He was so excited to see it!!

So now here are the reasons we love to go back to Utah.

1st we love to see our family and friends. Jason's brother Nate and his wife Lynnlee and his sister Cami and her husband JR live there. The fun thing is they both live in the same townhouse. so we get to stay with them both.
2nd things is, we love BYU football. Jason went to school there and has always loved the team. Jason and Jaden went to the game but it got to hot so I picked up Jaden and lynnlee about half way through the game. I didn't get to go because I didn't want to bring Jordin. It was really too hot for her.
3rd we have to eat at our favorite place that are only in Utah. Like Wingers and Costa. we always go there. I make sure that we go to Costa and Jason makes sure we go to Wingers. He loves there wings.
4th I love to go shopping and because we don't live by anything great to shop at, I go shopping while they are all at the game. Jason doesn't really like that Idea but Jaden needed some new clothes and I just love to find great deals.

So after we came back from Utah, My friends Angela and Jen where driving to Queen Creek, AZ and they passed through Gallup. So I went up there to meet them. The funny thing is I don't have a cell phone and I told them to meet me at the McD's there in town, well I thought that there was only one McD's but I was wrong. There are three. So I was at one and they were at the other for about 30min until they called the McD's that I was at and then I drove to the one they were at. that sucked because we only got to talk for a short time. It was really good to see them both.

This next week will be fun. My Dad and grandmother are going to be coming to see us Monday-Thursday and then we leave again for Utah on Thursday. We are going to bless Jordin and there is anther BYU game. so it's going to be a fun next week. As long as there is something to look forward too I think that I will not go nuts anymore. It's hard being out here, but it's only for a few years and we will have to make it fun with lots of little trips and fun outdoor activities. As long as our little family is together we are good!!!

We gotta Keep The Faith!

2 comments:

Morris Family said...

Ha!! Pictures don't show behind the scenes!! Jake cried with the cake too...we just didn'tshow those ones :)

aquabatgirl said...

what a great trip and i agree 7 hours is totally doable, you could even take off if you needed a break! glad you have family so close