Friday, August 15, 2008

Our New Adventures in Fort Defiance

One day I took about 30 pictures to get a good one. It's hard when your camera is slow. We need a new one bad but here is one that I thought was cute!



On the last day that my mom was here with us we went to the Window Rock Zoo. It's a really cute little, I mean little zoo. There's not much there but we had a great time. Here are some fun pictures of us at the zoo.







I told you it was a small Zoo. But we did see a wolf, bobcat, two black bears, some fox's, an owl,a coyote and I think a turkey. There were a few more but they must have been hiding. Like I said, it's a small cute little zoo.

Then we went and looked at some houses that we might want to buy! Tell us what you think.

This is the house that Jason likes the most. He liked the mud walls on the outside and the wood walls on the inside.


We thought that there was alot of room in the inside.


I liked this one because of the view of the red rock.


Well enough fun, Fort Defiance is a great peaceful place. We love it so far. The people are great here and we can't wait to learn more about the culture. When we found out that we were going to be moving here, I did some research on the area. For example, you need to be really careful when driving because you might hit a cow because they just wander all over the place. We haven't hit one yet but we have seen them in the roads walking as slow as they can. You also have to watch out for all the rez dogs. They are every where! We haven't seen any snakes yet and we really don't want too. The weather is so great here. That's one thing I love about Fort Defiance is the weather. It's cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon and then it cools down again in the evening. It has also rained almost everyday that we have been here, but only for al ittle while and then it gets nice again. There was one day when we had a really bad rain storm that lasted about 30 min. and then it was nice the rest of the day!

Here's a picture of what happens to our back yard when it rains. We get our own little mud pool!!!


Jaden likes school and has lots of questions. For example he came home and said that the kids at school told him that he needed to shave his legs and his arms because he had to much hair on them. Jason, my mom and I just laughed to ourselves and told him that some kids just don't have hair on there arms and legs and that it's ok to have hair. He said that he didn't like it when they said that to him, so we told him to tell the kids that his dad has hair on his arms and legs and that's ok! This is going to be hard out here for him, But I think that he will be ok! My mother told Jaden that when we lived in Hawaii, the kids made fun of me too about the hair on my legs and arms. She also said that I wanted to shave my legs so they wouldn't make fun of me anymore, I was only in the 5th grade and I think that my mom let me. Can't remember! There will be no shaving for Jaden. He'll just have to learn that we are hairy people. LOL!!!

On Sunday we went to our church for the 1st time. WOW! They said it was a ward but there were only like 30-40 people there, if that. It is a very small ward. I think that it's going to be a new adventure just going to church here because it's so small. But we think that it's going to fun and a great learning experience.

8 comments:

Jenn and Tyler said...

I love the pic you took of your sweet baby! She's getting big! Jaden looks good to, sounds like the zoo is great! Tell Jaden I had really hairy legs at his age to!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

wow you guys are so freaking brave. i dont think i would ever be able to do what oyu guys are doing! i cant wait to see it though! i want to go to a pow wow while wee there!

Jessica said...

Oh, Jorden is so cute! Looks like you guys are enjoying Arizona. How is Jason liking him job.
Not sure if you heard I am watching Jacob and Kaylee while everyone is in Hawaii, so it will be a crazy week for me, then Doug has a month off and we'll be in NE for 2 weeks. My little bro, Corey just got home from his mission in Texas, and Zac goes into the MTC at the end of September and is going to Switzerland. Funs Stuff!
I hope you are adjusting and getting some sleep Amanda. Love you guys!

Chase and Teresa said...

I am so glad to see things are going well for you guys. I guess I didn't know you were heading to Arizona-is it still in the plans to go work with Jason's dad? Jordin is adorable. Love Jaden, the hairy beast :)

Mindylou said...

Jordin is beautiful! I'm sorry I didn't get to see her before you left. I am glad to hear things are going well for you, hairy legs and all!

Jeannette said...

Glad to see you made it and all is well. Jordin has already changed a ton!

Jon and Melissa said...

What a doll. Great picture. Sounds like you have a lot of adjusting to do, and a lot of new adventures ahead of you. Congratulations on the house! Your kids are adorable.

aquabatgirl said...

little jordin looks like jaden. too cute.
looks like you guys are having some great adventures and hopefully you'll get some cool rock for you backyard so it won't be so muddy :)
i love the monsoon season in arizona it is great!